Dangerous Goods initial and recurrent training is a mandatory requirement for all pilots, cabin crew and staff associated with passenger and ground handling. You can perform all your Dangerous Goods training using the Airline Training Portal.
Dangerous Goods Course fulfills the 24-month ICAO/IATA recurrent dangerous goods training requirement and it is also suitable for operators who are non-authorized to carry dangerous goods.
- Course types*
The training program complies with the requirements of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations Chapter 1.5. The training has modules for the following categories of staff:
- Operators and ground handling agents staff accepting cargo, mail or stores. Category 6;
- Operators and ground handling agents staff accepting cargo, mail or stores (other than Dangerous Goods). Category 7;
- Operators and ground handling agents staff responsible for handling, storage and loading of cargo, mail or stores, and baggage. Category 8;
- Passenger and Handling Staff. Category 9;
- Flight crew members and load planners. Category 10;
- Crewmembers (other than flight crew members). Category 11;
- Security Staff who deal with the screening of passengers and their baggage and cargo, mail or stores. Category 12.
*The course contents are updated to comply the amendments of IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- Course content
- Hazard classes and divisions;
- List of dangerous goods;
- Hidden hazards of undeclared Dangerous Goods;
- Baggage limitations;
- Packages, marking, and labeling;
- Storage and loading;
- Emergency situations.
- Course duration
- Initial course from 8 hours to 32 hours
- Recurrent course from 5 to 8 hours
- Have a question? Contact us