Aircraft Maintenance and ATPL Integrated pilot license studies is a joint Bachelor’s degree program offered by BAA Training and National Aerospace University Kharkiv Aviation Institute (KhAI) (Kharkiv, Ukraine) for those aspiring to become well trained aviation professionals. The Aircraft Maintenance part of the course is focused on general arrangement and structure of airplanes and helicopters and the principles and rules of engineering and designing of both airplanes and helicopters. While the pilot training course, which is consistently prepared and taught along with Aviation Maintenance, allows students to work towards and acquire the commercial pilot license.
- Entry requirements:
AGE: at least 18 years old;
EDUCATION: Secondary or higher
PHYSICAL STATUS: valid EASA 1st Class Medical Certificate;
THEORETICAL PREPARATION: knowledge of Mathematics, Physics, and English is of key importance. During the assessment, the school and exam grades of these disciplines are evaluated additionally. A special skill assessment can be organized by the academy for those having low or no grades from their secondary school.
EMOTIONAL, SOCIAL COMPETENCE, AND APTITUDE: all candidates must go through special tests and interviews developed by the selection commission BAA Training for social competence and aptitude assessment.
- Required documents:
- Scanned copy of the first page of the passport valid to travel abroad;
- Scanned copies of education documents (with annexes and transcripts of records);
- Signed copy of consent to process personal data.
- Course content
The program is divided into 2 parts:
- Degree courses taught at Kharkiv Aviation Institute (KhAI) in Kharkiv, Ukraine.
- Ground and flight training carried out at BAA Training in Lithuania.
Aircraft Maintenance and pilot licenses studies is a combined 4-year program consisting of 8 semesters and flights during the flight season.
- Program benefits:
- One study program – two professions: making a competent pilot, skilled maintenance person and an asset for the aviation market!
- EASA ATPL(A) Frozen license;
- Program meets the requirements of the qualitative education according to the European Diploma Supplement;
- Flight training on the new fleet of aircraft – Tecnam 2002, Cessna 172, Tecnam 2006;
- Practical skills in the aeronautical laboratories on site;
- Professional and experienced professors and instructors with no less than 5-year teaching experience and skill upgrade on ongoing bases;
- 1,5 years of studies in EU.
- Career opportunities:
- From single engine pistons all the way to large airliners;
- From small Part 145 repair stations to large MROs;
- From airplane manufacturers to corporate flight departments and airlines;
- Expertise in working with high-tech equipment.
- About KhAI:
The National Aerospace University Kharkiv Aviation Institute (KhAI) was founded in 1930. Its history is closely connected with the development of aircraft engineering and science. The KhAI is a member of International Association of Universities IAU/Unesco, the EASN (European Aeronautics Science Network), Partnership of a European Group of Aeronautics and Space Universities (PEGASUS). KhAI is the powerful educational and scientific complex that has deep scientific traditions and that is well-known and recognized not only in Ukraine but in countries near and far abroad.