Different pilot licenses have different initial requirements.
1. Be at least 16 or 18 years old (depending on the license type).
2. Hold 1st or 2nd Class Medical Certificate (depending on the license type).
3. For CPL and ATPL courses, pass theoretical preparation and knowledge tests: English proficiency, Test Profile XT and Compass tests.
- CANDIDATE ENTRY PROCESS
The selection model used for current candidates of Initial Pilot Training school of the BAA Training has shown that a certain style of thinking, coordination, spatial orientation, decision making, ability to work under pressure, team working capabilities and motivation are the key values towards a successful pilot career.
- I. FLIGHT PHYSICAL
Applicants seeking the EASA Part-MED Class 1 Medical Certificate must go through a medical examination in the Aviation Medicine Centre in Vilnius. BAA Training coordinates and schedules the medical examinations at the time most convenient for the candidates, arranging them at the same time the personal assessments.
• Flight physicals cover a one or two-day time period.
• The price of the medical examination is approximately 270 EUR (The payment must be done in cash at the Aviation Medical Centre).
- II. CANDIDATE SKILL ASSESSMENT
The skill assessments are used to identify those students who have the greatest abilities of completing the training programs successfully and starting their aviation carrier after the graduation. These assessments are conducted in the BAA Training in Vilnius over a period of two days.
• Introductory interview;
• Mathematics, physics assessment (if needed);
• English language knowledge assessment;
• The personality and aptitude assessment (I): Numerical and verbal reasoning, behavior traits, professional interest assessment.
• The personality and aptitude assessment (II): Spatial orientation, task management, coordination, memory;
• Structured interview based on a commercial pilot competence model.
(The cost of candidate skill assessment is 250 EUR. Some parts of the assessment can be done online. )