BAA Training welcomes all applicants about to start the cadet pilot selection process at Icelandair and invites them to get prepared for the assessment procedures needed to start the training. Please find all the information regarding the selection process, requirements and necessary documents.
Note that it is dedicated only for the applicants for the Icelandair Pilot Cadet Programme. After filling the form below we will contact you to discuss the further steps.
- Entry requirements for the selection process:
Age: 18 years old or older
Languages: English, working knowledge of Icelandic language is preferred.
Education: Secondary or higher
Physical status: candidates’ physical status must meet the requirements for the EASA 1st Class Medical Certificate
Theoretical preparation: knowledge of Mathematics, Physics, and English is of key importance. During the assessment, the school and exam grades of these disciplines are evaluated additionally.
Personal competence and aptitude: all candidates must go through special tests and interviews.
- Steps of the preselection process:
- Document screening and schedule of the assessment date
- Personality assessment (Profile XT)
- Aptitude assessment (Compass)
- English test
- Structural Interview
- Suitable candidate’s results are presented to the airline
- Candidate‘s final interview with the airline
- Required documents:
- A scanned copy of the first page of the passport valid to travel abroad
- Scanned copies of education documents (with annexes and transcripts of records)
Registration for the Icelandair cadet programme 2017 is closed.
Please follow our new announcements on new admissions for the Icelandair cadet programme 2018.